- Review the Pre-Qualification Instructions and submit required documents, if needed.
- Review the Program Overview.
- Contact Invest DSM to schedule a consultation to discuss proposed projects and develop project specifics before submitting an application. You should have the following information available for the consultation:
- Details on the existing condition of the property and its ownership
- A preliminary Sources and Uses Form that includes:
- Acquisition cost and demolition cost (if applicable)
- A preliminary scope of work and construction budget
- An estimate of the end sale price, which becomes the estimated post-project value
- An estimate of the funding request from Invest DSM
- Any immediate health and safety concerns and code violation status
- For new construction (including floor plan changes and additions), schematic concept drawings, to the extent available
- Receive a preliminary letter of eligibility or denial from Invest DSM staff. (A preliminary commitment is not a guarantee of funds.)
- Submit a formal Application for the Single Family Developer program.
Sign your Grant Agreement and receive the green light to begin work!