This process takes at least 20 – 25 business days to complete — depending on your schedule. Timelines are approximate and subject to Invest DSM staff availability.
Any work done or paid for (including materials purchased) before you complete the application process will NOT be eligible for Invest DSM funding.
Step 1: Submit your Initial Interest Form
(1–2 business days)
- Complete and submit your Initial Interest Form.
- Our staff will verify that you are in our service area and that your project(s) may qualify for funding through the program.
- You’ll receive an email with a link to schedule an initial video (or phone) call to discuss the program and your project(s) with one of our expert construction specialists on staff.
Step 2: Attend your Initial Interest FAQ
(3–5 business days)
- On your call, our construction specialists will talk through the program details with you and answer any questions you have about your project(s) or the grant application process.
- After the call, you’ll receive an email with a link to schedule your home inspection.
Step 3: Conduct the home inspection
(3–5 business days, subject to availability)
- Your assigned construction specialist will walk through and inspect the property with you, including the roof and all mechanical systems.
Step 4: Finalize your bids, and create a Scope of Work
(5–7 business days after receiving all bids)
- You can now secure final bids for the work that you and your construction specialist discussed.
- Once you have sent bids for all the work to your construction specialist, they will create a Scope of Work document outlining the project(s) agreed upon and the amount of grant funding that Invest DSM will contribute toward each.
Step 5: Complete the application paperwork
(At your convenience)
- Review and sign the Scope of Work document.
- Fill out and submit the official application.
- Provide proof of funds for your share of the project(s). Examples: Bank statement, HELOC, loan balance, etc.
Step 6: Schedule your grant signing
(3 -5 business days at the earliest)
- Once your documents have been reviewed and approved, you’ll receive an email with a draft of your Grant Agreement and a link to schedule a time to sign your final grant paperwork at the Invest DSM office.